- Establish an understanding of the constitutional requirements and limits for public education funding.
- Deconstruct the School Aid Act to better understand the underlying paradigm used for school financing.
- Strip content of present School Aid Act to its essentials and identify policy decisions incorporated in the Act.
- Prepare pro forma version of existing Act stripped of all outdated and superfluous language.
- Identify language that should be retained in law but incorporated in School Code.
- Prepare outline of change from a district centered to a student centered financing model.Draft a Michigan Education Finance Act of 2013 to replace the School Aid Act.
- Create chart comparing new and old approaches.
- Develop new controls based on performance to replace seat time method.